Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Sound and editing

  1. #1
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I haven't been on this forum long,but I have learned that many here like editing by the old cut and splice.It's also painfully apparent that mag striped film is gone forever so anyone wishing to shoot sound must shoot double system.
    So what are you guys recrding your sound with?Disc,tape,crystal sync??What are you editing with if you're doing cut and splice?I haven't yet got a response from anyone on mag film or flatbed editors or ESTEC's.What are you folks using if you're not going all digital post?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I record sound with on MD. I edit NLE with an Avid. This is done at a professional post production studio.

    I don't cut super 8 anymore.

    However, I am thinking of editing on 16mm as a way to have an edit system at home. I could get into a fairly cheap system for editing silent films but to get into the audio part is a complex
    issue.

    Right now I shoot with a crystal sync so using the Avid really makes the audio portion of editing very easy.

    But for a few hundred dollars I can start editing basic A/B rolls at my leisure. So there are trade offs. Cheap silent or expensive NLE with sync sound.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •